Swingtown Music Ltd takes your privacy seriously.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we will only process personal data in accordance with the current Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulations which will be in force from 25th May 2018. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will make any corrections promptly.
The policy explains how Swingtown Music Ltd uses your personal data.
1. What rights does the GDPR provide for individuals?
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
2. Who is in control of my information
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, due to be updated in May 2018, we are registered as "Data Controllers" with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)5 principally Swingtown Music Ltd. Details are published on a register on the ICO website where you can also find lots of useful information about Data Protection, what it means to you as an individual and how it applies to companies like Swingtown Music Ltd.
3. Who is the data controller and what are their contact details?
Swingtown Music Ltd, WOODHALL VIEW, 4A UNION STREET, HARTHILL, SHEFFIELD, S26 7YH
4. How do I make a complaint?
You do not have to put your complaint in writing to get it heard, please let any member of our team know if you have a complaint and they will try to resolve it for you there and then. If you remain dissatisfied our complaints procedure outlines our process.
If you're unhappy with any aspect of how we handle your personal information you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the supervisory authority that regulates handling of personal information in the UK. You can contact them by:
Website at https://ico.org.uk.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Post to: Information Commissioner's Office
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
5. What are the 'Legitimate interests' for processing my data?
We need your data to make contact with you after you have made an enquiry.
6. What information do you collect about me?
Swingtown Music Ltd collects personal information about you whenever you use our services. Some of it is information you give us directly when, for example, you submit details online through our online contact form. Other information is collected indirectly, for example when you post comments on our Facebook page.
7. What reasons/purposes do you have for processing my information?We process personal information to enable us to provide safe high-quality services to our clients, and to maintain our accounts and administrative records so that we can communicate with our clients
8. What type/classes of my information is processed?
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- Your Name
- Contact Information including email and telephone numbers
- location information such as address and postcode
9. How do you use my personal information? Providing our products and services
We use your personal information to provide our services, respond to queries and comments and provide you with the best possible level of customer service. We may use it to contact you about appointments we have booked or to send you reminders (e.g. regarding rent payments, or safety checks). We may also contact you in emergency situations such as relating to urgent repairs. If you choose to complete and submit our contact form and provide personally identifying information (typically your name and email address), this data is stored on our site, which is hosted on a secure server, with an SSL certificate. Individuals can also request access, updates, deletion or more information about the data held about them at any time by emailing. firstname.lastname@example.org
10. What security do you have in place to protect my information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.